free hit counter code One SoCal Green: What have we here?

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

What have we here?

It's been a while since I registered as a Green, and longer still since I realized the Green Party platform best represented my vision of the best future for America and the world.

And while I do not agree with every Green Party member, nor would I vote for any candidate just because they run on a Green Party ballot line, to the degree that I want to put my support behind a set of political goals and values, the Green party best expresses it.

In that respect, the Ten Key Values are the core of what I understand the Green Party to be all about.

This blog is intended as a place for me to explore Green Party values and politics (along with issues of interest to this One SoCal Green in non-partisan political races) and engage in dialogue with folks interested in the topics at hand.

I do not promise to update at any regular interval, so if you are interested, be sure to subscribe (when the feed is up) so you don't have to click over and be disappointed if it has been silent here for a time.

This blog is a separate work from Easy Green, my little screed on green (small g) things that average folks of all parties, and not-particularly tree-huggerish bent, can do to improve their lives and ours. And it is not directly related to my participation in the Starbucks Challenge, which is segregated in its own blog, SBX, Fairtrade & Me. And finally, this space is separate from my personal Observations blog, which is mostly a personal diary of stuff in the backyard.
You won't want to read all four blogs; they are for different facets of my life and different audiences. But if you are interested in the thoughts of just One SoCal Green, you are welcome here.

I am, as the title indicates, in southern California, and specifically the City of Pasadena. In that respect, the oft-repeated saying that "all-politics is local" applies, and some issues will be just flat Pasadena-related, some regional, some national, some global. But all from this one local perspective. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home